Used MINI Airbag Seats
All used MINI Airbag Seats listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Airbag Seats
The airbag system is an important part of the car safety system. The airbag system can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. This is a clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The MINI airbag seat is located in the seat, to protect the person in a crash, particularly in a side collision, by inflating between the person and the door, avoiding damage to the person's torso and shoulders.
The MINI airbag seat reacts when there is a crash by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car, protecting the driver sitting inside the car by cushioning the impact of the shoulder and torso with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The MINI airbag seat needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that the airbag system is functioning properly and fully, and that an important component such as the MINI airbag seat is in sound working order for it to be able to respond accurately. The person needs to be seated properly and wearing a seatbelt for the MINI airbag seat to work correctly in a crash and to avoid receiving an injury from the airbag upon inflation.
If there is damage to or a fault with the MINI airbag seat the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the MINI airbag seat inflates you will need to replace it with a new MINI airbag seat as airbags cannot be reused.
- The Morris Minor Mini was the first British car to sell over one million units. It reached that landmark number back in 1961.
- The Oxford MINI factory has made more than 3 million cars.
- The Mini's designer, Sir Alec Issigonis, didn't like car windows that had to be rolled down. In fact, he didn't think that cars should have side windows at all!
- There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of cars, but not the Mini. Designers say that as much as 80% of their car's interiors can be used by passengers.
- 10 years after he invented the Austin Mini, Sir Alec Issigonis was knighted in 1969 for his contribution to Britain.