Used MINI Aircon Compressors
All used MINI Aircon Compressors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Aircon Compressors
Your car's air conditioning system conditions the air, which means whilst cooling the air in your car down, it also helps to ensure there isn't too much moisture in your car, so it stops the air getting too humid. Your car's air conditioning unit also cleans the air in your car by filtering the dust and other particles from the air inside your car.
The MINI aircon compressor, also referred to as the aircon pump, is usually found at the front of the engine, immediately inside the car grill. It looks similar to a small motor with a big wheel on the end of it, which is an electrically operated clutch that turns the compressor on and off when more cool air is required. The MINI aircon compressor is powered by a serpentine belt which is attached to the crankshaft of the car's engine.
The MINI aircon compressor is at the heart of the car's air conditioning system and its role is similar to that of a heart, in that it pumps the refrigerant gas around the closed loop air conditioning system to the aircon condenser. The aircon compressor, therefore, has a vital part to play and if it is damaged or faulty the entire air conditioning system will suffer. The MINI aircon compressor works by using heat from the air in the car, pressurising it into hot gas and then pumping it into the aircon condenser, where it is cooled and then pumped into the aircon evaporator and flows into the car as cold air. This whole process is then repeated over and again.
Problems can, of course, occur with the MINI aircon compresso. At worst, it can blow up as a result of high pressure or if there is not enough refrigerant vapour circulating, but this is rare. A leak in the aircon compressor will mean you're losing refrigerant and will need to be addressed. The motor can be prone to overheating if the air conditioning system has not been fitted properly, for example, which can cause damage to the compressor. If the aircon system isn't producing any cold air at all, then it is likely to be a broken compressor or a slipping compressor clutch. A slipping compressor clutch can also be the cause of insufficient cold air. If you are having problems like this with the air conditioning in your car, it is a good idea to talk with your mechanic as you may need a new MINI aircon compressor.
- Minis are still made in the same production site as the original line. The same site is still used in Oxford, although their car panels are now made in Swindon, and most of the engines made for Mini cars are manufactured by BMW in Hams Hall.
- Where you'd expect to see a radio or speaker system in a Mini, was actually an ashtray in early models. The designer of the first Mini was a heavy smoker who believed that listening to the radio was more of a distraction than lighting a cigarette.
- The Oxford MINI factory has made more than 3 million cars.
- The Mini Clubman was launched in the Summer of Love, 1969.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.