Used MINI Aircon Pumps
All used MINI Aircon Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Aircon Pumps
The car's air conditioning system conditions the air, which means whilst cooling the air in the car down, it also helps to ensure there isn't too much moisture in the car, so it stops the air getting too humid. The car's air conditioning unit also cleans the air in the car by filtering the dust and other particles from the air inside the car.
The MINI aircon pump is fixed to the car's engine and is also known as the aircon compressor.
The MINI aircon pump's job is to pump hot or cold air through the car's air conditioning system based on whether the car needs to be heated or cooled. The MINI aircon pump works by using heat from the air in the car, pressurizing it into hot gas and then pumping it into the aircon condenser, where it is cooled and then pumped into the aircon evaporator and flows into the car as cold air. This whole process is then repeated over and again. The MINI aircon pump plays an important part in providing a cleaner, more comfortable driving experience.
The MINI aircon pump is a part that works hard and fast and will only be effective for a period of time. If you need to replace this part, ensure that you buy the right MINI aircon pump for your car's air conditioning system.
- It can be hard to keep track of all of the different companies that have owned MINI throughout its long history. At the moment, the name is owned by BMW, and MINI has its own independent division.
- The Mini has been voted second place in the most influential cars of all time. It was narrowly beaten by the Ford Model T.
- Minis are still made in the same production site as the original line. The same site is still used in Oxford, although their car panels are now made in Swindon, and most of the engines made for Mini cars are manufactured by BMW in Hams Hall.
- In 1959 you could buy yourself a brand new Mini for just £497. That's about £2,342 in today's money. At the time, Minis were owned by members of The Beatles and (much to everyone's surprise) Enzo Ferrari.
- Mary Quant, the inventor of the miniskirt, credited the Mini for the inspiration behind the iconic fashion accessory.