Used MINI Alternator Relays
All used MINI Alternator Relays listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Alternator Relays
The MINI alternator relay is a small electrical relay switch unit.
It is usually located inside the engine compartment, bolted to the body near to the alternator.
The MINI alternator relay controls the flow of electrical current between the alternator, battery and the starter motor. It also prevents any current returning to the alternator.
Problems associated with a faulty relay can be, low battery power, trouble starting the engine and low electrical power to lighting and accessories. An audible repetitive clicking sound can indicate a malfunctioning relay. Replacing this part with a MINI alternator relay will ensure a compatible fit with the make and model of your vehicle.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.
- The Morris Minor Mini was the first British car to sell over one million units. It reached that landmark number back in 1961.
- The Mini's designer, Sir Alec Issigonis, didn't like car windows that had to be rolled down. In fact, he didn't think that cars should have side windows at all!
- 10 years after he invented the Austin Mini, Sir Alec Issigonis was knighted in 1969 for his contribution to Britain.
- The Mini has been voted second place in the most influential cars of all time. It was narrowly beaten by the Ford Model T.