Used MINI Axle Housings
All used MINI Axle Housings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Axle Housings
The MINI axle housing is the outer enclosure of the axle shaft. It protects the inner shaft from damage and may contain lubricant. On rear wheel drive the axle housing includes the differential gears in the centre of the axle.
The axle housing may be a bulky cast structure or a mix of cast and steel tube.
If the axle is damaged this can lead to malfunction of the whole axle assembly. The MINI axle housing functions to protect the axle and associated components by shielding them from impact and preventing water, dirt and dust from penetrating these parts.
The axle housing can suffer from general wear and tear and will need to be replaced if it rusts, cracks or splits. The MINI axle housing is specifically manufactured for the make and model of your vehicle.
- MINI sells between 40,000 and 65,000 cars in the US every year, although that number is slowly dropping at the moment as smaller cars are going out of fashion.
- The Morris Minor Mini was the first British car to sell over one million units. It reached that landmark number back in 1961.
- The Mini Copper gets its name from F1 car designer John Copper.
- It takes between five and eight days to build a Mini from scratch.
- Where you'd expect to see a radio or speaker system in a Mini, was actually an ashtray in early models. The designer of the first Mini was a heavy smoker who believed that listening to the radio was more of a distraction than lighting a cigarette.