Used MINI Coil Pack Assemblys
All used MINI Coil Pack Assemblys listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Coil Pack Assemblys
The MINI coil pack assembly is an essential part of the ignition of a vehicle. It consists of several coils in one fitting and is connected to a minimum of four engine cylinders. Each coils role is to transfer the power from the vehicles 12volt battery in to a much higher voltage of thousands of volts to create the spark in spark plugs. They are then told when to fire by an on-board computer. These coils have some form of resistor in them, which limits the amount of power transmitted to the coils from the 12volt battery. This resistor can be an internal or external resistor or consist of a resistor wire.
The downside of a MINI coil pack assembly is that if one of the individual coils in the assembly goes, the whole pack needs to be replaced. Just one damaged coil can cause its adjoined engine cylinder to misfire. This may show on the dashboard as a ‘check engine’ light. Damage can be caused by worn spark plugs, which make the MINI coil pack assembly work harder to compensate, or faulty wiring or components. Coil pack assemblies can also simply wear out through repeated use.
- The Morris Minor Mini was the first British car to sell over one million units. It reached that landmark number back in 1961.
- The Mini Clubman was launched in the Summer of Love, 1969.
- MINI sells between 40,000 and 65,000 cars in the US every year, although that number is slowly dropping at the moment as smaller cars are going out of fashion.
- There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of cars, but not the Mini. Designers say that as much as 80% of their car's interiors can be used by passengers.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.