Used MINI Door Lock Mechanisms
All used MINI Door Lock Mechanisms listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Lock Mechanisms
The MINI door lock mechanism driverside consists of several sub components that together allow the door to be locked and unlocked via the key, remote, levers or buttons. In most modern cars the mechanism is centrally controlled by an electronic system. Some cars have manual locking mechanisms with each door needing to be locked independently.
Most of the door lock mechanism is housed within the door itself behind the inner door card although the central electronic control unit will be under the dashboard or elsewhere in the vehicle.
The MINI door lock mechanism driverside generally consists of a lock barrel, actuator, locking mechanism, knob or lever, switch, connecting rods and clips. The components work together to control the locking of doors on the vehicle.
Door lock mechanisms can fail due to wear and tear of mechanical components or failure of the electronics. This can be as a result of corrosion, broken or damaged wiring, blown fuses or faulty electronic components including switches, actuators or the central control unit (ECU).
- The Oxford MINI factory has made more than 3 million cars.
- The Mini's designer, Sir Alec Issigonis, didn't like car windows that had to be rolled down. In fact, he didn't think that cars should have side windows at all!
- 10 years after he invented the Austin Mini, Sir Alec Issigonis was knighted in 1969 for his contribution to Britain.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.