Used MINI Door Mirror Casing Covers
All used MINI Door Mirror Casing Covers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Mirror Casing Covers
The MINI Door Mirror Casing Cover is a plastic housing/cover for the door mirror.
Attached around the door mirror unit, just in front of the leading edge of the door window, its function is to protect the mirror unit, but it also has an aesthetic and aerodynamic purpose.
The covers are, most commonly, black plastic but may be matched to the car body colour.
As the MINI Door Wing Mirror protrudes from the side of the vehicle it is prone to collision with oncoming vehicles and although the Door Mirror unit is retractable, the cover is liable to breakage. This is the most common reason for replacement.
- The Mini's designer, Sir Alec Issigonis, didn't like car windows that had to be rolled down. In fact, he didn't think that cars should have side windows at all!
- MINI sells between 40,000 and 65,000 cars in the US every year, although that number is slowly dropping at the moment as smaller cars are going out of fashion.
- 10 years after he invented the Austin Mini, Sir Alec Issigonis was knighted in 1969 for his contribution to Britain.
- The Mini has been voted second place in the most influential cars of all time. It was narrowly beaten by the Ford Model T.
- In 1959 you could buy yourself a brand new Mini for just £497. That's about £2,342 in today's money. At the time, Minis were owned by members of The Beatles and (much to everyone's surprise) Enzo Ferrari.