Used MINI Engines
All used MINI Engines listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for MINI from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
- The Mini Copper gets its name from F1 car designer John Copper.
- It takes between five and eight days to build a Mini from scratch.
- It can be hard to keep track of all of the different companies that have owned MINI throughout its long history. At the moment, the name is owned by BMW, and MINI has its own independent division.
- Minis are still made in the same production site as the original line. The same site is still used in Oxford, although their car panels are now made in Swindon, and most of the engines made for Mini cars are manufactured by BMW in Hams Hall.
- In 1959 you could buy yourself a brand new Mini for just £497. That's about £2,342 in today's money. At the time, Minis were owned by members of The Beatles and (much to everyone's surprise) Enzo Ferrari.