Find parts for your car
Used MINI Fuel Injection Units
All used MINI Fuel Injection Units listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuel Injection Units
The engine is the power machine of a car, literally converting energy, in the form of fuel, into movement, and is known as an internal combustion engine. The engine is made up of several components that all work together to enable combustion to occur and in turn the car to move. The MINI fuel injection unit functions to pump fuel from the fuel tank into the cylinders of the engine.
In a diesel engine fuel injection is essential but petrol engines also have fuel injection systems. Located within the fuel tank, the MINI fuel injection unit consists of an electronic injection pump and an injector nozzle which delivers fuel under high pressure to meet the demands of the fuel injection engine. Working in conjunction with a computerised control unit, the diesel injector pump pumps the fuel into the engine while ensuring the correct level of pressure is applied to inject the right amount of fuel into the engine at the right time.
The diesel injection unit operates with a fuel injection relay, and works by spraying a light mist of fuel into the chambers of the engine, controlled by the computerised control unit, which manages the timing of this process. The injectors are fitted close to the inlet manifold, one for each cylinder, and are all calibrated (adjusted) to equally spray a mist of fuel into the intake of each cylinder in a sequence controlled electronically, for the sequential firing of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency.
An engine that won't start; a misfiring engine; an engine that struggles and stutters at high speeds; loss of power while accelerating; loss of power when driving uphill; and the vehicle surging or jumping forward when in motion could all be signs of a faulty injection unit. There are many things that can go wrong in the fuel system, so it's a good idea to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault before buying replacement parts. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the MINI fuel injection unit is the ideal choice when replacing this part.
- The Mini Clubman was launched in the Summer of Love, 1969.
- The Oxford MINI factory has made more than 3 million cars.
- The Mini's designer, Sir Alec Issigonis, didn't like car windows that had to be rolled down. In fact, he didn't think that cars should have side windows at all!
- 10 years after he invented the Austin Mini, Sir Alec Issigonis was knighted in 1969 for his contribution to Britain.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.