Used MINI Fuse Box Panels
All used MINI Fuse Box Panels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuse Box Panels
The function of the MINI fuse box panel is to house, bridge and protect the electrical and the electronic components in the vehicle with fuses. These include the main computer, the engine, the transmission, the lights, wipers and all electrical components.
The panel contains a series of different value fuses that will blow if a problem occurs in an electrical part or system which has caused a short circuit. Investigation of the cause can be traced as each fuse has a connection to a certain component, electrical part or area of the vehicle. On occasion the problem can be with the panel itself and it may need replacement.
The MINI fuse box panel contains an array of different value fuses designed to blow if a set amperage is exceeded. The fuse box panel is usually located below the front console above the front footwells or in the glove compartment. The values of the fuses are commonly 5 amp, 10 amp, 15 amp, 20 amp, 25 amp and 30 amp. The fuses are colour coded and you should replace blown fuses of the same value in the fuse box panel. The colour codes are green for 5 amp, red for 10 amp, blue for 15 amp, yellow for 20 amp, clear for 25 amp and green for 30 amp.
Problems with the fuse box panel are normally due to the melting of the plastic construction due to short circuit burning around a blown fuse. The replacement fuse box panel needs to be matched to the original to allow for the correct rewiring and the right amount of fuses needed for the specific vehicle make and model. The MINI fuse box panel ensures perfect compatibility with the make and model of your vehicle.
- The Mini's designer, Sir Alec Issigonis, didn't like car windows that had to be rolled down. In fact, he didn't think that cars should have side windows at all!
- 10 years after he invented the Austin Mini, Sir Alec Issigonis was knighted in 1969 for his contribution to Britain.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.
- It might have been a tight fit, but 27 people can fit into a Mini. The Guinness Book of Records confirmed that 27 could fit into the classic model Mini, although 28 people managed to get into the BMW Mini in 2012. The 27-person record was performed by Dani and the Miniskirts during the London to Brighton Mini-Run.