Find parts for your car
Used MINI Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
All used MINI Gearboxes Transmission Automatic listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
The job of the car's transmission system is to transmit the power made in the engine to the wheels of the car. An automatic transmission uses both a mechanical and a hydraulic system to change the gears in the car automatically.
The MINI automatic transmission gearbox is attached to a torque converter which fixes directly to the engine of the car.
The MINI automatic transmission gearbox comes into play when the driver applies or releases pressure on the accelerator, by automatically selecting and changing the gears for the driver. The MINI automatic transmission gearbox selects the right gear for the speed the car is travelling at, adjusting the speed of the car accordingly, while ensuring the engine can function as efficiently as possible. This all enables the driver to concentrate on driving without needing to manually change the gears. Generally automatic transmissions have 4 gears consisting of drive, first gear, second gear, park, reverse and neutral. The MINI automatic transmission gearbox tends to be less fuel efficient than a manual transmission gearbox but offers the driver a smooth ride and the ease of not having to change gears manually.
The MINI automatic gearbox transmission, although built to last will eventually wear down due to damage caused by heat and friction. If, when driving the MINI automatic transmission gearbox is not changing gears smoothly; slow at changing gear or will not shift into gear; changes gears sporadically; judders; or produces unusual noises and vibrations, it will need looking at by a professional and you may need to replace the MINI automatic gearbox transmission.
- The Oxford MINI factory has made more than 3 million cars.
- The Morris Minor Mini was the first British car to sell over one million units. It reached that landmark number back in 1961.
- 10 years after he invented the Austin Mini, Sir Alec Issigonis was knighted in 1969 for his contribution to Britain.
- The Mini Clubman was launched in the Summer of Love, 1969.
- There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of cars, but not the Mini. Designers say that as much as 80% of their car's interiors can be used by passengers.