Find parts for your car
Used MINI Hatchback Door
All used MINI Hatchback Door listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for MINI Hatchback are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Hatchback MINI car doors are used by the driver and passengers, sitting in the front or back seats, to enter and exit the car.
A standard car door usually opens outwards and is normally mounted to the frame of the car with hinges which are fixed to the car with either bolts or pins. Hatchback MINI car doors are fitted with a section of glass, which makes up the car window.
Most manufacturers of modern cars favour aluminium for parts such as car doors, because it is strong, durable and rustproof while being lightweight. Car doors can also be made of steel and strong plastics. The interior of a car door, referred to as the car door card, will usually consist of a strong plastic cover lined with various materials such as leather or vinyl to compliment the rest of the interior design. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the car door card houses controls for electric windows and the locking mechanism.
Whether the Hatchback MINI door has been damaged, not working properly, needs replacing due to general wear and tear, or you’re simply renovating your car, it’s important when replacing any door to make sure you purchase a door that is compatible with the make, model, and year of your car.
MINI Hatchback trivia
- There have been around five and a half million MINI’s produced since it’s initial production run.
- The MINI Hatchback has a naming problem. It’s also known as the Mini Hardtop in the US, but worldwide it is referred to as the Mini Cooper, the Mini One, or just the plain old MINI. All of the models are three or four-door hatchbacks.
- In May 2009, an incredible 1,450 MINIs formed a convoy as part of the London to Brighton Mini Run. The convoy travelled for two miles, and some MINI owners travelled from as far afield as the Netherlands.
- By 2000, there had been over 5.3 million classic MINI Hatchback’s released.
- As part of a MINI promotion, artists from around the world took part in a design contest. One of the entrants was none other than legendary David Bowie, who covered the MINI in mirrors.