Used MINI MINI Sub Frame
All used MINI MINI Sub Frame listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for MINI MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Sub Frame
The MINI MINI sub frame is a structural part of the car's chassis that sits within the larger frame of the chassis and can accommodate the engine, transmission and steering components and acts as a base to fix the suspension to the vehicle.
A sub frame helps to reinforce the chassis and is usually made of thick steel tubing or panels which are spot welded or welded together and bolted or welded onto the car. Modern front wheel drive vehicles have a separate front and rear sub frame, which helps to spread the weight of the vehicle evenly, improving the overall handling of the vehicle on the road.
The main function of the MINI MINI sub frame is to assist the chassis in helping to take some of the strain, and balance the load of the vehicle. The sub frame is also responsible for absorbing and dampening some of the vibrations produced by the engine and, if fixed with springs or rubber bushings, they can also help to absorb some of the noise. The sub frame also functions to absorb some of the impact of a collision, helping to distribute the force of the impact across the entire car which results in minimising the impact experienced by the occupants of the car in a crash.
Sub frames can become misaligned which can affect the suspension and steering and cause the vehicle to vibrate when in motion. Often the cost to rebuild and realign an old or damaged sub frame far exceeds the cost of buying a new one. Whether you need a new sub frame because you are embarking on a project to build your own car, or the current sub frame needs replacing because of damage received in an accident, or it's suffering from old age with the metal tired and rusted, buying a MINI MINI sub frame will ensure you get the perfect component for the car make and model you require.
- The Oxford MINI factory has made more than 3 million cars.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.
- The Mini Clubman was launched in the Summer of Love, 1969.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.
- In 1959 you could buy yourself a brand new Mini for just £497. That's about £2,342 in today's money. At the time, Minis were owned by members of The Beatles and (much to everyone's surprise) Enzo Ferrari.