Used MINI MINI Boot
All used MINI MINI Boot listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices or used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for MINI MINI from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
What is the boot/what does it do?
The boot of a vehicle is the luggage space at the rear. On a saloon car this is a separate space with a boot lid, on a hatchback and estate car this is the space between the back door and the back passenger seats.
Getting into the details of the boot
The access to these spaces is either from the hinged boot lid or the hinged tailgate/door which has a window. The opening of these spaces is normally controlled by a central locking system, in some cases on a saloon model the boot lid is opened by a cable release operated by a lever from the driver's position. In addition there is a handle release and key barrel lock on the boot lid or tailgate. On a hatchback and estate car the tailgate and sometimes on a large boot lid, lift, is assisted by gas filled struts that help lift and hold the weight of the tailgate or boot lid, in the fully open position. On all types of openings there is a rubber seal to make the vehicle watertight in the closed position. When the lid or tailgate is opened an electric light illuminates the area of the boot compartment, which is activated automatically. The area inside is carpeted with removable pieces held in place with popper push/pull clips. On the hatchback and estate car the window will have a wiper and wash system incorporated in the cavity behind the trim on the tailgate. The tailgate or boot lid may have a central brake light and/or fog light incorporated. Often the rear registration plate with, illumination, is incorporated into boot lid or tailgate. On the exterior there are varying pieces of trim, reflective strips, makers badges, model names and numbers.
What if something goes wrong with the boot?
Problems with the boot/tailgate areas are most commonly caused by collision damage or attempted break-ins or in some cases just wear and tear.One common fault is the gas filled struts that lift and hold the tailgate or boot lid, in time these loose the ability to function as intended and need to be replaced. Spares for the boot area, apart from the actual hatchback door or boot lid include hinges, struts, rubber seals, carpets, lights, switches, screens, wiper/washers, key locks, release cables and mechanisms, trims and badges.
- Minis are still made in the same production site as the original line. The same site is still used in Oxford, although their car panels are now made in Swindon, and most of the engines made for Mini cars are manufactured by BMW in Hams Hall.
- The Mini has been voted second place in the most influential cars of all time. It was narrowly beaten by the Ford Model T.
- MINI export their cars to 110 different countries. The most popular markets are the US, Germany, and China. The UK is only the second biggest market for MINI.
- Where you'd expect to see a radio or speaker system in a Mini, was actually an ashtray in early models. The designer of the first Mini was a heavy smoker who believed that listening to the radio was more of a distraction than lighting a cigarette.
- Mary Quant, the inventor of the miniskirt, credited the Mini for the inspiration behind the iconic fashion accessory.