Find parts for your car
Used MINI Radiator Expansion Coolant Bottles
All used MINI Radiator Expansion Coolant Bottles listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Radiator Expansion Coolant Bottles
A cars radiator is a central part of the engines cooling system. Responsible for removal of heat from the engine coolant, the radiator system cools the liquid by allowing fresh external air to pass over a network of thin pipes, losing heat to the atmosphere.
Driven by the water pump the coolant circulates around the cooling system travelling through the engine and out via hoses or pipes to the radiator. The radiator acts as a heat exchange removing unwanted heat from the coolant before passing it back to the engine where it then runs back around the system.
Radiators without removable caps are topped up via a <Model> expansion bottle or tank, which is located within in the engine bay and connected to the coolant system via rubber tubing or hose.
The <Model> radiator expansion coolant bottle provides pressure relief to the coolant system allowing hot water and steam to expand. It also acts as a reservoir allowing the coolant system to refill as coolant cools and contracts.
Problems that can occur with a <Model> radiator expansion coolant bottle include cracks and splits due to repeated heating and cooling, damage to perished feed and return pipes and lost or damaged lids/caps.
- The Mini has been voted second place in the most influential cars of all time. It was narrowly beaten by the Ford Model T.
- MINI sells between 40,000 and 65,000 cars in the US every year, although that number is slowly dropping at the moment as smaller cars are going out of fashion.
- It takes between five and eight days to build a Mini from scratch.
- Mary Quant, the inventor of the miniskirt, credited the Mini for the inspiration behind the iconic fashion accessory.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.