Used MINI Roof Soft Tops
All used MINI Roof Soft Tops listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Roof Soft Tops
With the ever increasing popularity of soft tops, cabriolets and convertibles the market for soft top roofs has grown in size and popularity. It may be that you already own a vehicle with a MINIsoft top roof that requires replacement due to damage or age or you may want to invest in a conversion kit to transform your hard top vehicle. Either way, there are a variety of vehicle specific soft top roof kits.
Most MINI soft top roof replacement or conversions are made from mohair or vinyl. There is a wide range of colours to choose from to match the colour of most models of vehicle. There is a choice between a plastic rear window or a glass version. If a glass rear window is chosen it may be heated. Most glass windows incorporate a special window bonding system to protect the soft top roof from bond failure. The seams of the fabric of the MINIsoft top roof may also be heat welded or sealed.
Soft top roofs can either be raised and lowered manually or are powered by an electric or hydraulic motor.
Most MINIsoft top roof suppliers either supply the soft top only or will carry out the fitting/conversion.
- It might have been a tight fit, but 27 people can fit into a Mini. The Guinness Book of Records confirmed that 27 could fit into the classic model Mini, although 28 people managed to get into the BMW Mini in 2012. The 27-person record was performed by Dani and the Miniskirts during the London to Brighton Mini-Run.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.
- There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of cars, but not the Mini. Designers say that as much as 80% of their car's interiors can be used by passengers.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.
- The Morris Minor Mini was the first British car to sell over one million units. It reached that landmark number back in 1961.