Used MINI Tailgates
All used MINI Tailgates listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The MINI Bootlid Tailgate is the lifting cover for the boot space on a saloon vehicle or the lifting door on a hatchback or estate vehicle. In the latter it will include the rear window, in the former it will be a solid piece of bodywork.
The Bootlid is attached by hinges to the boot space/luggage compartment at the rear of the vehicle. The hinged MINI Bootlid Tailgate, with the window, lifts, opening the rear end of the passenger compartment. The MINI Bootlid Tailgate will house a heated screen with a wiper/wash system and possibly lighting.
The usual reason for replacement is collision damage.
- It might have been a tight fit, but 27 people can fit into a Mini. The Guinness Book of Records confirmed that 27 could fit into the classic model Mini, although 28 people managed to get into the BMW Mini in 2012. The 27-person record was performed by Dani and the Miniskirts during the London to Brighton Mini-Run.
- The Morris Minor Mini was the first British car to sell over one million units. It reached that landmark number back in 1961.
- MINI sells between 40,000 and 65,000 cars in the US every year, although that number is slowly dropping at the moment as smaller cars are going out of fashion.
- It takes between five and eight days to build a Mini from scratch.
- Mary Quant, the inventor of the miniskirt, credited the Mini for the inspiration behind the iconic fashion accessory.