Used MINI Window Motor Cables
All used MINI Window Motor Cables listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Window Motor Cables
There are different types of electric window mechanisms. Most commonly the use of a motor and a mechanism with a worm gear and a curved cogged arm are employed to create the up and down movement of the window glass. Another type uses a motor and a mechanism that has cables that are wound and unwound on spools to create the lift and drop of the window glass.
Problems with the cable type can be through lack of lubrication between the inner cable and the outer sleeve. This results in resistance and slowing of the mechanism and the speed of the movement in the window, or can be a complete seizure of the cable and a resulting snapping of the cable.
Replacement of the cable requires removal of the electric motor with its attached mechanism.
The motor and mechanism is located behind the the door card trim in the door cavity. Access to the motor and mechanism with the cables, requires the removal of the door card trim and the disconnection of the electrical connections.
- Minis are still made in the same production site as the original line. The same site is still used in Oxford, although their car panels are now made in Swindon, and most of the engines made for Mini cars are manufactured by BMW in Hams Hall.
- It can be hard to keep track of all of the different companies that have owned MINI throughout its long history. At the moment, the name is owned by BMW, and MINI has its own independent division.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.
- There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of cars, but not the Mini. Designers say that as much as 80% of their car's interiors can be used by passengers.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.