Used MINI Windscreen with Rain Sensors
All used MINI Windscreen with Rain Sensors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Windscreen with Rain Sensors
The MINI front windscreen with rain sensor is a protective, curved, glass screen at the front of the car, which has an inbuilt rain sensor and is manufactured specifically to fit the make and model of your vehicle.
The windscreen rain sensor is a clever device which automatically switches on the windscreen wipers when it detects rain and can be set to automatically adjust the speed of the wipers to suit the amount of rain fall. Most rain sensors work by the sensor measuring the amount of light reflected back to it from the windscreen when an infrared light is beamed at an angle onto the windscreen from inside the car. Wet glass emits less light back to the sensor which causes it to activate the wipers. The MINI front windscreen with rain sensor is made of safety glass, which prevents it from smashing into lots of pieces when broken, fixed to the frame of the car at the front, and is positioned directly in front of the driver and front passenger.
The primary purpose of the MINI windscreen with rain sensor is to prevent debris from the road, such as stones, dirt, twigs, dust and other unwanted materials, from entering the car, offering protection to both the driver and passengers of the vehicle. The MINI front windscreen with rain sensor also shields both driver and passengers from whatever the weather is outside, offering shelter to the occupants of the car. The MINI front windscreen with rain sensor also ensures a smoother drive, enhancing the aerodynamics of the car as a whole.
The driver needs to look through the front windscreen to see the road ahead, so it's imperative that the MINI front windscreen with rain sensor is in perfect condition. The rain sensor helps to take some of the strain away from driving in heavy rain, enabling the driver to concentrate on the road while the wipers methodically keep the screen clean and clear. The model> front windscreen with rain sensor is prone to chips, cracks and scratches from debris, such as stones, flying up from the road. Damage such as this can be corrected if minor, but excessive damage to the model> front windscreen with rain sensor may lead to the whole windscreen needing to be replaced.
- The Mini has been voted second place in the most influential cars of all time. It was narrowly beaten by the Ford Model T.
- In 1959 you could buy yourself a brand new Mini for just £497. That's about £2,342 in today's money. At the time, Minis were owned by members of The Beatles and (much to everyone's surprise) Enzo Ferrari.
- MINI export their cars to 110 different countries. The most popular markets are the US, Germany, and China. The UK is only the second biggest market for MINI.
- It takes between five and eight days to build a Mini from scratch.
- Mary Quant, the inventor of the miniskirt, credited the Mini for the inspiration behind the iconic fashion accessory.