Used MINI Windscreen Washer Bottles
All used MINI Windscreen Washer Bottles listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Windscreen Washer Bottles
The MINI windscreen washer bottle is the container used to hold the windscreen washer solution which is used to spray the windscreen to help keep it clean and free from debris. It pumps out a spray, which works with the wipers to clean the windscreen.
The windscreen is fitted with washer jets which are connected to the washer bottle by a pipe or hose which carries the washer solution to the jets. The washer jets are usually located beneath the windscreen on the bonnet. The windscreen washer bottle is located beneath the bonnet and connected to the windscreen washer pump which is powered by the windscreen washer motor. Together they work to provide the power and motion to deliver the spray when it's needed.
The driver can choose to spray the windscreen by using a control usually situated on the windscreen wiper switch stalk which tends to be located on the steering wheel column. The washer solution can contain de-icer which helps to stop the windscreen from freezing over in colder months.
The usual reason for replacement of this part is old age or damage. The bottle is usually made from plastic and will eventually deteriorate, and the connecting tube can also suffer from wear and tear. Replacing the windscreen washer bottle with a MINI windscreen washer bottle will ensure you get a part that's compatible with your vehicle.
- Minis are still made in the same production site as the original line. The same site is still used in Oxford, although their car panels are now made in Swindon, and most of the engines made for Mini cars are manufactured by BMW in Hams Hall.
- Where you'd expect to see a radio or speaker system in a Mini, was actually an ashtray in early models. The designer of the first Mini was a heavy smoker who believed that listening to the radio was more of a distraction than lighting a cigarette.
- MINI export their cars to 110 different countries. The most popular markets are the US, Germany, and China. The UK is only the second biggest market for MINI.
- The Mini has been voted second place in the most influential cars of all time. It was narrowly beaten by the Ford Model T.
- It takes between five and eight days to build a Mini from scratch.