Used MINI Windscreen Washer Motors
All used MINI Windscreen Washer Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Windscreen Washer Motors
The MINI windscreen washer motor works with the windscreen washer pump to provide the power to pump the washer spray across the windscreen, which works in conjunction with the windscreen wipers to clean the surface of the screen.
The electric windscreen washer motor consists of a cylinder referred to as the rotor or armature. This is the rotating part of the motor and it houses all of the components that work together to make up the motor. Surrounding the rotor are copper coils of wire which act as the conductors. When the windscreen washer motor switch is activated by the driver via the controls on the wiper stalk switch, this sends an electric current to the motor, and the copper winding picks up this current causing the electricity to move through the wiring. The electricity moving through the copper wire creates a circular magnetic field. It's this magnetic energy which generates the force to power the cylinder and makes it spin. The spinning cylinder creates the energy needed to power the motor which in turn powers the windscreen washer pump mechanism.
Driven by the MINI windscreen washer motor, the washer bottle pump pumps the spray through the connecting pipe where it bursts out across the windscreen through the washer jets. With the help of the windscreen wipers the screen can be cleared of water and dirt. The windscreen washer motor sources it's electrical power through direct current from the car's battery. Often an electric motor will contain carbon brushes that work to move the electricity from outside the motor to the rotating copper winding housed in the center of the motor.
Common failures with the wiper motor is when the winding becomes shorted. These copper conductors can overheat causing the winding to short circuit. The carbon brushes in the motor are also put under a great deal of friction, and will eventually burn out causing the wiper motor to malfunction. When the windscreen washer motor needs replacing, buying the MINI windscreen washer motor will ensure you get a part that's completely compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Minis are still made in the same production site as the original line. The same site is still used in Oxford, although their car panels are now made in Swindon, and most of the engines made for Mini cars are manufactured by BMW in Hams Hall.
- Where you'd expect to see a radio or speaker system in a Mini, was actually an ashtray in early models. The designer of the first Mini was a heavy smoker who believed that listening to the radio was more of a distraction than lighting a cigarette.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.
- There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of cars, but not the Mini. Designers say that as much as 80% of their car's interiors can be used by passengers.
- Consistently voted the most popular British car of all time, there are almost 500 specialist car clubs dedicated to the various makes and models of Mini. And that's just in Britain. Globally, there are an additional 260 clubs all celebrating the Mini make.