Used MINI Indicator Wing mirrors
All used MINI Indicator Wing mirrors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Indicator Wing mirrors
All indicators on vehicles are designed to let other road users know that a vehicle is about to make a turn or change lanes. Some vehicles are fitted with indicators on the wing mirrors. Indicators on wing mirrors are positioned on the front-facing section of the mirror on the opposite side to the mirror itself. These give extra warning to other road users especially from a head-on or side viewpoint. The wing mirror indicator is located on the side of the vehicle and is usually attached to the door. Some vehicles have the option of wing mirrors that can be electrically folded flat against the vehicle when not required.
The wing mirror indicator, along with all other indicators, is operated by a lever or stalk on the steering column. When the stalk is pushed down or up either the left or right indicators will flash regularly until the stalk is pushed back to its middle position.
If a wing mirror indicator fails to operate it is most likely due to a blown bulb, poor connections between the bulb and the bulb-holder or an indicator relay malfunction.
- Mary Quant, the inventor of the miniskirt, credited the Mini for the inspiration behind the iconic fashion accessory.
- Where you'd expect to see a radio or speaker system in a Mini, was actually an ashtray in early models. The designer of the first Mini was a heavy smoker who believed that listening to the radio was more of a distraction than lighting a cigarette.
- The Mini Copper gets its name from F1 car designer John Copper.
- Minis are still made in the same production site as the original line. The same site is still used in Oxford, although their car panels are now made in Swindon, and most of the engines made for Mini cars are manufactured by BMW in Hams Hall.
- It can be hard to keep track of all of the different companies that have owned MINI throughout its long history. At the moment, the name is owned by BMW, and MINI has its own independent division.