Used MINI Wing Mirror Glass Manuals
All used MINI Wing Mirror Glass Manuals listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Wing Mirror Glass Manuals
There are areas of the road, behind the car and to the sides, which are crucial to be able to see, in order to drive safely, which are out of the driver's peripheral vision. A wing mirror is an exterior mirror which enables the driver to see these 'blind spots', allowing clear vision of any traffic or pedestrians nearby and any potential hazards, and as such is an important visual aid and safety feature.
The MINI manual wing mirror can be adjusted by hand to move vertically, horizontally and diagonally. It can be adjusted to suit the height, line of sight and seat position of the driver. The MINI manual wing mirror can be folded in close to the car to avoid damage to both the casing and the MINI manual wing mirror glass.
An important component of a wing mirror is the wing mirror glass. Wing mirror glass comes in a variety of options, such as plain glass, convex or tinted glass. Plain glass has a flat surface which enables the wing mirror to reflect light from an object without the image being distorted, so it provides a true reflection of the distance between the car and the object being viewed. Convex glass has a curved surface and is often chosen by drivers as wing mirror glass because it broadens the driver's field of vision, but it doesn't provide a true reflection of the distance between the car and the object being viewed in the way that plain glass does, so this should be taken into account if using convex glass in wing mirrors. The MINI manual wing mirror, is usually mounted in the door pillar on the door and is comprised of a casing which holds the MINI manual wing mirror glass in place. Wing mirror glass is usually fixed to a backing plate or stuck to the mirror casing with strong adhesive pads or glue. The MINI manual wing mirror glass should be clean and free from scratches, chips and cracks, to enable clear, safe vision. Wing mirrors, and therefore wing mirror glass, come in different shapes and sizes so it is important to ensure the wing mirror glass fits the wing mirror when replacing the wing mirror glass.
If the wing mirror glass get smashed, cracked or chipped, the MINI manual wing mirror glass will, of course, need replacing. If it's just the glass that is damaged you won't need to replace the whole wing mirror and can replace just the glass. It is important that you consider the make and model of your car when replacing the MINI manual wing mirror glass, to ensure the replacement is compatible with your car.
- In 1959 you could buy yourself a brand new Mini for just £497. That's about £2,342 in today's money. At the time, Minis were owned by members of The Beatles and (much to everyone's surprise) Enzo Ferrari.
- It takes between five and eight days to build a Mini from scratch.
- Mary Quant, the inventor of the miniskirt, credited the Mini for the inspiration behind the iconic fashion accessory.
- Where you'd expect to see a radio or speaker system in a Mini, was actually an ashtray in early models. The designer of the first Mini was a heavy smoker who believed that listening to the radio was more of a distraction than lighting a cigarette.
- It can be hard to keep track of all of the different companies that have owned MINI throughout its long history. At the moment, the name is owned by BMW, and MINI has its own independent division.