Used Mitsubishi Alternators
All used Mitsubishi Alternators listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mitsubishi are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Mitsubishi alternators work in conjunction with the battery to produce power for the electrical parts of the car. Mitsubishi alternators function by turning the mechanical action of the car’s turning drive shaft into electricity. They do this through the use of rapidly-spinning magnets. This magnetic field in turn produces an electrical current, which is used to power the car electrics. The Mitsubishi alternator is also essential for re-charging the car battery, ready to provide the spark necessary to start the car next time.
Alternators are generally quite small in size (a similar size to a roll of toilet paper) don't weigh much and are usually located at the front of the engine.
Usually most modern Mitsubishi alternators are maintenance-free and may have a lifespan of a decade or more. Eventually, however, these rapidly-moving car parts start to wear out, made worse over time by dirt and extremes of heat and cold. At best you might experience lights that dim sometimes, or warning lights temporarily flashing on your dashboard. More seriously, a battery that is not being fully charged during motion may mean that your car is difficult to start, or that the ignition fails completely.
In some cases, such problems are put down to an older battery, but more often than not the real culprit is the alternator which is not successfully charging the battery. Check the voltage on your car which should be around 14 volts. Anything less than this and it is likely that the Mitsubishi alternator is worn out and will need replacing.
- Mitsubishi are responsible for building the Silent Shaft engine. The technology used in the 4-cylinder engines was revolutionary and was quickly licensed for use on Saab and Porsche cars.
- The iconic 2002 Mitsubishi Evolution VII was featured heavily in the first couple of Fast and the Furious films. Paul Walker also drove a Mitsubishi Eclipse in the first film of the franchise.
- Mitsubishi and actor Jackie Chan have a long history together. Mitsubishi cars have featured in every Jackie Chan film ever made, and there's even an official Jackie Chan race.
- Mitsubishi didn't just win the 1974 East Africa Safari Rally. They came second and third too! They've also won the Dakar Rally an impressive 12 times, with seven of those wins being consecutive.
- A Mitsubishi Starion Turbo was almost as big of a star as Burt Reynolds after it featured in iconic chase film Cannonball Run II.