Used Mitsubishi Starter Motors
All used Mitsubishi Starter Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mitsubishi are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motors
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The Mitsubishi starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The Mitsubishi starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the Mitsubishi starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the Mitsubishi starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Mitsubishi was the first company to introduce a 4x4 to Japan. Their shares skyrocketed by almost 11.6% immediately.
- It was in 1995 that Mitsubishi unveiled the world's first Gasoline Direct Injection engine. It is now the industry standard thanks to its reduced environmental impact.
- Mitsubishi didn't just break a record in 2011; they broke five in one day! In a durability test in Canada, they smashed records for the greatest distance driven in reverse on snow, the shortest braking distance on ice, the fastest vehicle slalom on ice, the fastest driven square lap, and the most vehicle figure eights on ice in two minutes.
- The three diamonds that make up the Mitsubishi logo are meant to represent a water chestnut.
- Mitsubishi is ranked as the 16th biggest manufacturer of vehicles in the world and is currently on sale in over 160 countries.