Used Nissan Air Filters
All used Nissan Air Filters listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Nissan are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Filters
The car’s air cleaner assembly works to provide the engine with a supply of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The air cleaner assembly protects the engine, improving the performance of the engine, enabling it to work as efficiently as possible while increasing its useful, working life.
The air cleaner assembly has an air filter, often referred to as an air intake filter cartridge, which collects dust and other particles. The Nissan air filter is housed in a protective Nissan air filter box, which is fixed on to the air intake, enabling filtration at the point the air enters the air induction system. The air filter also helps to silence the car's engine as the sound is absorbed by the air filter.
The Nissan air filter has a maximum capacity and once dust collected reaches this capacity you will need to replace the Nissan air filter, if disposable, or get it serviced if it is a washable non-disposable variety. Under no circumstances should you clean and replace a disposable air filter cartridge; these should always be replaced.
If the Nissan air filter gets blocked due to an excess buildup of dust, dirt and oil, the air stream is restricted which stops the correct mixture of fuel and air needed for optimal combustion. A blocked air filter basically suffocates the engine. It is not a good idea to continue driving your car when the Nissan air filter is blocked; this can have serious implications for the heating and ventilation and air conditioning systems as well as causing potential damage to the engine. Dirt and other unwanted debris that enters the engine can seriously damage pistons, carburetor and cylinders as well as potentially causing damage to the Nissan air flow mass meter. A blocked air filter can also significantly reduce fuel efficiency. How regularly you need to replace or service the Nissan air filter will depend on factors such as how often you drive your car and the length of your car journeys. Climate, air quality and road conditions will also play a big part in how hard the Nissan air filter is having to work. If the engine is not performing as well, using more fuel or you have difficulty starting your car it could mean you have a clogged Nissan air filter and it will need replacing or servicing.
- Nissan’s sporting history kicked off in the right way when they blasted their way to victory in the All Japan Automobile Competition, Japan’s first-ever racing event. The NL-75 destroyed the competition, thanks to its supercharged DOHC engine.
- Car accessories can range from the amazing to the redundant, but nothing manages to balance somewhere between the two more than the doorframe umbrella compartment that came with the Nissan Pulsar GTi-R.
- Most people think of the Skyline when they think of the Nissan, but the car featured in the Fast and the Furious franchise wasn't actually designed or built by Nissan. Instead, it was built by a car company called Prince, which Nissan merged with in 1966. The name Prince was phased out, and the Nissan Skyline was born.
- Known as the ‘supercar killer’, the iconic Nissan GT-R is currently ranked third in the world for getting around the Nürburgring track in Germany. One circuit took the supercar just over seven minutes.
- The Nissan Patrol began production in 1951, making it the oldest production SUV on the planet. Admittedly, the design has changed a bit since ‘51.