Find parts for your car
Used Nissan Almera Air Flow Mass Sensor
All used Nissan Almera Air Flow Mass Sensor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Nissan Almera are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Flow Mass Sensor
The Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor is an electronic air flow sensor, also referred to as an air flow mass meter, which measures air flow; the mass of air which is flowing through the car's engine, and is an important part of the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor has an important part to play in the performance, power and efficiency of the car's engine.
The Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter. It is attached to the Almera Nissan air hose at one end and the Almera Nissan air filter box at the other.
The engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. If the ignition sparks at the wrong time, there will be less power in the engine and it will try to make up for this by using more fuel, significantly reducing fuel efficiency, which in turn increases the car's CO2 emissions. The Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor works by measuring the air flow and sending these measurements to the car's ECU which, based on these measurements, will control the amount of fuel flowing into the engine at the point at which the ignition sparks.
The Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor will, with continued use, wear out or stop working. When this happens, the performance of the engine is likely to be affected and engine emissions will be higher. A fault in the Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor will cause the Check Engine light to show on the dashboard to indicate a problem with the Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor. A broken air flow mass sensor can sometime prevent a car from idling properly (the ability for a car's engine to run whilst it is not moving) and may cause the engine to splutter and stall. If there is a fault in the Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor a replacement Almera Nissan air flow mass sensor should be purchased.
- Nissan built the very first limo and made it specifically for the Emperor of Japan. The car was powered by a growling V8 engine and was just over six metres long.
- Talk about a long drive, in 1964, the Nissan Cedric drove all the way from Greece to Japan as part of the Tokyo Olympics!
- Nissan used to be called Datson, which was then changed to Datsun because son in Japanese means disadvantage. Eventually, there was a complete rebrand, and the name Nissan was born.
- Nissan’s sporting history kicked off in the right way when they blasted their way to victory in the All Japan Automobile Competition, Japan’s first-ever racing event. The NL-75 destroyed the competition, thanks to its supercharged DOHC engine.
- Known as the ‘supercar killer’, the iconic Nissan GT-R is currently ranked third in the world for getting around the Nürburgring track in Germany. One circuit took the supercar just over seven minutes.