Used Nissan Juke Axle
All used Nissan Juke Axle listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Nissan Juke are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
What is the axle/what does it do?
The term axle is loosely used to describe the shaft or two half shaft connected to transverse wheels. It can be a load bearing shaft or a shaft that drives the wheels.
Getting into the details of the axle
On a rear wheel drive vehicles the drive to the wheels comes from the propeller shaft which runs under the center of the vehicle, front to back, from the gearbox to the differential drive which is located centrally between the two rear wheels.The differential is a set of cogs which turns the drive rotation ninety degrees to each back wheel.The Differential, through the clever design and setup of the cogs, also allows the rear wheels to turn at different speeds necessary when the vehicle is turning. The term rear axle can refer to the complete set of two half shafts or half axles and the differential.
On front wheel drive vehicles there are two half shaft/axles connected from a differential that is usually combined in the gearbox via constant velocity joints which allows the front wheels to turn for steering the vehicle while under torque from the rotating shaft/axle. These CV joints are usually encased in a rubber sleeve containing lubricant grease. The rear wheels of the front wheel drive vehicle have stub axles which are usually short and part of an independent suspension system on each rear wheel.
What if something goes wrong with the axle?
Although usually very resilient, problems can occur in rear wheel drive vehicles in the differential with the wear of cogs, which maybe caused by lack of lubrication due to leaks. In front wheel drive vehicles the most common problem is the breakdown of the rubber sleeve on the CV joints connecting the drive shaft from the gearbox to the half shaft axle and to the driving wheels. The CV joints can suffer damage if the damaged rubber sleeves are not replaced, this is caused by wear with the ingression of dust and grit and loss of lubricant. Another cause of damage can be the collision with obstructions in the road or running up high kerbs etc.
Nissan Juke trivia
- If a standard Nissan Juke isn’t enough for you, then there are two ultra-high performance options. The Nismo and the Nismo RS. Of the two, the RS is faster and more powerful, with 215hp.
- A stunt driver called Terry Grant holds the world record for the longest continuous journey in a car while driving on two wheels. He used a Nissan Juke to break the record and managed to drive around Goodwood Hill Course on two wheels instead of four for 2 minutes and 55 seconds.
- With its turbocharged 1.6-litre engine, the Nissan Juke can deliver 188hp and can go from 0-60 in 7.3 seconds.
- It took just four months of sales for the Nissan Juke to total 20,000 sales in Japan, 30,000 sales in Europe, and 17,500 sales in the US.
- The words most commonly used to describe the Nissan Juke by its fans include affordable, cool, unique, and reliable.