Find parts for your car
Used Nissan NV200 Door Sensor Switch
All used Nissan NV200 Door Sensor Switch listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Nissan NV200 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Sensor Switch
The NV200 Nissan door sensor switch is a simple yet clever sensor which detects when the door is opened or closed.
The door sensor switch is usually linked to the car’s alarm and security system, so if the sensor switch detects unauthorised entry, by the car door being opened without the use of a key, the car alarm is activated.
This type of sensor usually works with a magnetically operated switch called a reed switch. The door sensor switch is hidden in the door frame and a magnet is placed on the other side of the door and this is all connected to an electrical circuit. When the car door is opened this moves the switch and the magnet apart, which makes the electrical connectors come together which sets the alarm off. The door sensor switch also activates the internal light/s in the car when the door is opened and the light/s are switched off when the door is shut again.
Faulty door sensor switches can mean the sensor will not detect an intrusion which jeopardises the safety of the vehicle. It can also lead to problems with the car’s central locking system and can cause the internal lights to either not come on when the door is opened or to stay on when the door is closed. These type of sensors will wear out over time. Damage to the wiring or to the sensor itself will mean you’ll need to replace this part. Buying a NV200 Nissan door sensor switch will ensure you’ll get the right part for the make and model of your vehicle.
- The Nissan Patrol SUV is also in the record books, holding the title of the Largest Synchronised Car Dance. In 2018, 180 Patrol SUVs performed the vehicular dance in Dubai.
- Nissan built the very first limo and made it specifically for the Emperor of Japan. The car was powered by a growling V8 engine and was just over six metres long.
- Nissan used to be called Datson, which was then changed to Datsun because son in Japanese means disadvantage. Eventually, there was a complete rebrand, and the name Nissan was born.
- Nissan has become the car brand most associated with a Galaxy far, far away. In 2016, they partnered with Disney and Lucasfilm, just in time to market their Nissan Rogue SUV when the Star Wars spin-off Rogue One hit cinemas. The collaboration worked, with Nissan selling 40,005 Rogues in 2016 alone.
- Since 2018, Nissan has become the largest manufacturer of electric vehicles in the world. They have so far produced as many as 320,000 electric cars.