Used Nissan Power Steering Pumps
All used Nissan Power Steering Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Nissan from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Power Steering Pumps
Power steering assists the driver of a car to steer and control the vehicle, allowing the driver to turn and steer the wheel with ease. With power steering very little force or effort is required by the driver, the power is provided by the power steering system. Power steering is a useful feature for many drivers as it can ease fatigue brought on by driving and can offer additional control of the vehicle.
The Nissan power steering pump is attached to the engine of the car by a serpentine belt.
The Nissan power steering pump plays an important part in the power steering process by harnessing power from the engine, to pump the steering fluid through the system to the steering rack. When the driver turns the steering wheel the pressurised fluid inside the Nissan power steering pump moves the piston that controls the gears that steer the car. The Nissan power steering pump adjusts the amount of steering fluid it pumps to the steering rack based on the speed the car is moving.
If there is a fault with the Nissan power steering pump the warning light will illuminate on the dashboard. If it is difficult to steer the car and the wheels of the car are stiff and increasingly tough to turn it is likely to be an indication of a fault with the power steering. The power steering pump, if defective, can leak causing the steering fluid to drain away and the whole system will cease to function properly. It is very important to get the power steering system inspected by a professional as a failure with the power steering could result in an accident if the steering wheel locks. When replacing the power steering pump it is vital to source a Nissan power steering pump that will be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Nissan and the French manufacturer Renault have had a long and successful partnership, sharing technologies and manufacturing resources.
- Nissan built the very first limo and made it specifically for the Emperor of Japan. The car was powered by a growling V8 engine and was just over six metres long.
- Nissan used to be called Datson, which was then changed to Datsun because son in Japanese means disadvantage. Eventually, there was a complete rebrand, and the name Nissan was born.
- The Nissan Patrol is a powerhouse of a vehicle, and currently holds the world record for a production car pulling an aircraft. The SUV wasn’t allowed any modifications to tackle this impressive feat, and managed to pull the 170-tonne plane a massive 50 metres.
- Talk about a long drive, in 1964, the Nissan Cedric drove all the way from Greece to Japan as part of the Tokyo Olympics!