Used Nissan Starter Motors
All used Nissan Starter Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Nissan are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motors
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The Nissan starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The Nissan starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the Nissan starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the Nissan starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Car accessories can range from the amazing to the redundant, but nothing manages to balance somewhere between the two more than the doorframe umbrella compartment that came with the Nissan Pulsar GTi-R.
- Talk about a long drive, in 1964, the Nissan Cedric drove all the way from Greece to Japan as part of the Tokyo Olympics!
- Nissan’s sporting history kicked off in the right way when they blasted their way to victory in the All Japan Automobile Competition, Japan’s first-ever racing event. The NL-75 destroyed the competition, thanks to its supercharged DOHC engine.
- The Nissan Patrol began production in 1951, making it the oldest production SUV on the planet. Admittedly, the design has changed a bit since ‘51.
- Known as the ‘supercar killer’, the iconic Nissan GT-R is currently ranked third in the world for getting around the Nürburgring track in Germany. One circuit took the supercar just over seven minutes.