Find parts for your car
Used Nissan Sub Frames
All used Nissan Sub Frames listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Nissan from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Sub Frames
The Nissan sub frame is a structural part of the car's chassis that sits within the larger frame of the chassis and can accommodate the engine, transmission and steering components and acts as a base to fix the suspension to the vehicle.
A sub frame helps to reinforce the chassis and is usually made of thick steel tubing or panels which are spot welded or welded together and bolted or welded onto the car. Modern front wheel drive vehicles have a separate front and rear sub frame, which helps to spread the weight of the vehicle evenly, improving the overall handling of the vehicle on the road.
The main function of the Nissan sub frame is to assist the chassis in helping to take some of the strain, and balance the load of the vehicle. The sub frame is also responsible for absorbing and dampening some of the vibrations produced by the engine and, if fixed with springs or rubber bushings, they can also help to absorb some of the noise. The sub frame also functions to absorb some of the impact of a collision, helping to distribute the force of the impact across the entire car which results in minimising the impact experienced by the occupants of the car in a crash.
Sub frames can become misaligned which can affect the suspension and steering and cause the vehicle to vibrate when in motion. Often the cost to rebuild and realign an old or damaged sub frame far exceeds the cost of buying a new one. Whether you need a new sub frame because you are embarking on a project to build your own car, or the current sub frame needs replacing because of damage received in an accident, or it's suffering from old age with the metal tired and rusted, buying a Nissan sub frame will ensure you get the perfect component for the car make and model you require.
- Talk about a long drive, in 1964, the Nissan Cedric drove all the way from Greece to Japan as part of the Tokyo Olympics!
- The Nissan GT-R is widely considered to be the fastest street-legal car in Europe, after beating both Ferrari and Porsche on the Nürburgring racing track. It is currently the fastest production car in the world.
- The Nissan Patrol SUV is also in the record books, holding the title of the Largest Synchronised Car Dance. In 2018, 180 Patrol SUVs performed the vehicular dance in Dubai.
- The Nissan Patrol is a powerhouse of a vehicle, and currently holds the world record for a production car pulling an aircraft. The SUV wasn’t allowed any modifications to tackle this impressive feat, and managed to pull the 170-tonne plane a massive 50 metres.
- There are a lot of popular SUVs, but the Nissan X-Trail takes top place as the best selling model in the world. In 2017 alone, global sales of the X-Trail amounted to 814,000 units sold!