Used Peugeot 206 Tail Light
All used Peugeot 206 Tail Light listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Peugeot 206 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Light
Part of the car's lighting setup, the 206 Peugeot rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the 206 Peugeot rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new 206 Peugeot tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- Peugeot has won the European Car of the Year an incredible five times. The earliest win was in 1969, and the latest was as recently as 2017 (the Peugeot 3008).
- All models of Peugeot have a number designation with a 0 in the middle. There's a persistent myth that this is because the designers wanted to integrate the starting handle, and chose the central 0 as the ideal way to hide the slot. There's no substance to that myth, but those numbers are an indication of the size and age of the car.
- You know the name Ettore Bugatti and the brand that bears his name, but did you know that Bugatti also designed the four-cylinder engine in 1912 for the Peugeot Bébé? You can't miss that unmistakable Bugatti look once you know that fact, and the car quickly became France's best selling car.
- It was Armand Peugeot who turned the company into car manufacturing. He called the company the Société des Automobiles Peugeot (Peugeot Automotive Society) and was the one who approved the famous lion emblem that is still used today.
- It was also in 1913 (some might say because of the Indy 500 win) that Peugeot were responsible for the production of half of all of the cars in France. That quickly made them one of the world's biggest names in the automotive industry.