Used Peugeot 208 Wiper Arm
All used Peugeot 208 Wiper Arm listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Peugeot 208 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Wiper Arm
Wipers are a standard safety feature in cars and can be positioned on both the front and rear windscreen of the car. Most cars have two wipers on the front windscreen, one on the driver side and one on the passenger side. Rear windscreens tend to have just one long wiper that sweeps across the whole of the windscreen. The 208 Peugeot wiper arm is a wiper arm is designed specifically for the make and model of your vehicle.
The driver needs to look through the front windscreen to see the road ahead, and through the back windscreen to see the traffic behind, so it's imperative that the windscreens are in perfect, clean condition. The wiper arms, fitted with the wiper blades, help to ensure this is the case. The wiper consists of a wiper arm and a wiper blade. The wiper blade is made from rubber and is housed securely in the wiper arm. As the 208 Peugeot wiper arm is powered to move across the windscreen, the rubber blade moves the water and debris from the surface of the windscreen, clearing the screen to enable a clear vision of sight for the driver. A wiper linkage is the mechanism responsible for movement of the wiper arm, which enables the blade to sweep across the windscreen to keep it free of rain and dirt. Driven by the wiper motor, the linkage is moved back and forth by cams. The wiper arms are normally bolted or attached to the linkage on studs or splines that protrude through the scuttle panel. Wiper arms can often be difficult to remove by hand as the splines are mostly tapered. Special universal tools can be used to lever off the arms. There are different types of wiper arms, designed by the manufacturers to be specific to the make and model of vehicle. It's important to buy a part that will be compatible with your vehicle and able to secure in place properly and function correctly.
The driver can decide at what speed the wiper arms move, usually from a choice of three speeds, depending on the weather conditions. The driver can operate the wipers by selecting the desired speed on the wiper switch stalk, which usually mounted on the steering column. This activates the wiper motor switch, which operates with a wiper motor relay. Many car windscreens are also fitted with a windscreen washer. Powered by a windscreen washer motor, it pumps out a spray, which works with the wiper blades to clean the windscreen. A car's windscreen washer and wiper systems should ensure the windscreen is clean and clear enough for the driver to be able to drive safely in all weather conditions.
Problems can occur in the wiper linkage which can cause the wiper arms to stop working. Broken or snapped wiper arms won't work properly and will need to be replaced. Wiper arms can get clogged up with dirt which can cause the blade to maintain less contact with the screen which means it will not function as well. Malfunctioning wiper arms also make an annoying noise as they struggle to do their job, which is reason enough to replace old wiper arms, not least because of safety. Purchasing the 208 Peugeot wiper arm is the perfect choice when you need to replace the wiper arm on your vehicle.
- You know the name Ettore Bugatti and the brand that bears his name, but did you know that Bugatti also designed the four-cylinder engine in 1912 for the Peugeot Bébé? You can't miss that unmistakable Bugatti look once you know that fact, and the car quickly became France's best selling car.
- Peugeots, especially the 504, are incredibly popular in Africa and have been affectionately called Africa's workhorse. The 504 is a model that seems particularly well-suited to the rough terrains of Kenya and Ghana.
- In 1913, one of Peugeot's motorsports team, Jules Goux, not only won the Indianapolis 500 but also broke the World Speed Record. He was the first European to win the Indy 500, and the 7.6-litre car was dubbed the fastest vehicle of the time.
- Peugeots have been seen on the big and small screen. Most notable, the Peugeot 403 convertible was the car of everyone's famous scruffy detective Colombo. There was also an episode of Absolutely Fabulous where Edina and Patsy drive through France in a 205.
- Peugeot might not be a name in Formula 1 (they did try a few times, but it never quite worked out), but they have been dominant in other races. In particular, four victories in an incredible 24 hours at Le Mans, and six impressive wins in the Dakar rally, to name just a few.