Used Peugeot Bumpers
All used Peugeot Bumpers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Peugeot from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
The bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy it is a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted. The job of the bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash. The Peugeot bumper complete consists of all the components that together make up the front bumper or the rear bumper of a vehicle. The Peugeot bumper complete provides protection to the car in the event of a crash, by minimising damage to the front and rear end of the car frame and body. The bumper’s function is to protect the fuel, exhaust, cooling system, bonnet, boot, and grille, including features such as tail lights, headlamps and parking lights. The bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimises the force of an impact for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket at the front of the car enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The rear bumper is fixed to bumper brackets to the rear of the car absorbing impact from a rear collision. The bumper complete is a full bumper consisting of an outer panel and an inner bar that make up the bumper and includes some or all of the following parts, depending on the car make, model and year: bumper brackets; bumper grille; bumper cross member; bumper end caps; bumper reinforcer; bumper moulding; bumper spoiler; bumper splitter; bumper towing eye and cover.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiberglass, steel, rubber, aluminum, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as polypropylene foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact and is designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car, as well as helping to prevent the bumper from cracking and breaking. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles and shapes, both dependent on the make and model of the car and can be added to and customised in a number of ways.
The Peugeot bumper complete often needs replacing following impact received in an accident. If the front or rear bumper or any other bumper related parts need replacing, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car. The Peugeot bumper complete provides the complete package.
- Lots of car manufacturers tried building electric vehicles at some point, but Peugeot had more success than others in the 1940s! Fuel restrictions promoted the design, and the car came with four 12-volt batteries that meant a range of 80km on a single charge and a top speed of 32km/h.
- In 1913, one of Peugeot's motorsports team, Jules Goux, not only won the Indianapolis 500 but also broke the World Speed Record. He was the first European to win the Indy 500, and the 7.6-litre car was dubbed the fastest vehicle of the time.
- The first diesel engine prototype from Peugeot was built in the 1930s, but they didn't start releasing models commercially until 1959 (the 403).
- Peugeot has won the European Car of the Year an incredible five times. The earliest win was in 1969, and the latest was as recently as 2017 (the Peugeot 3008).
- It was also in 1913 (some might say because of the Indy 500 win) that Peugeot were responsible for the production of half of all of the cars in France. That quickly made them one of the world's biggest names in the automotive industry.