Used Peugeot Seat Belts
All used Peugeot Seat Belts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Peugeot are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Seat Belts
The Peugeot seatbelt is a vital safety device in a car, acting as the Primary Restraint System, helping to restrain and hold the person seated in the car secure in the seat in a crash situation, or when brakes are applied suddenly at high speed.
The Peugeot seatbelt is a strong, retractable belt which is pulled across the driver and secured by clicking into a bracket fitted to the side of the seat. There are many different types of seatbelt, the two-point, the lap, the sash, the multi-point child’s seatbelt, but the most common found in modern vehicles is the three-point seatbelt which consists of a strip of material or belt, anchored on three points around the seating position, that is placed over the chest and upper body and lap of the occupant.
The Peugeot seatbelt works by stopping the body from flying out of the seat, minimising the risk of hitting the interior of the car, such as the windscreen. Seatbelts can limit the danger of serious injury or even death by stopping the driver or occupants of the vehicle being thrown out via windows, windscreens or doors in the event of a collision. They will also aid in safe deployment of the airbag as they will keep the occupant in the correct position should this be activated. Wearing a seatbelt, and ensuring it's worn correctly, can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in an accident.
It's law to have seatbelts fitted for every seat in the car and for these seatbelts to be correctly worn at all times while the car is moving. It's important that the seatbelts in your car are in good working order so that they can function properly when needed. The majority of faults regarding seatbelts are due to problems with the retractor system, either being stuck and not allowing the belt to unreel or not allowing it to be reeled back into its holder. The belts themselves may begin to tear or rip due to prolonged chafing and over-long usage. The seatbelt buckle may malfunction and not enable the tongue to insert correctly and be locked in place. When you need to replace the rear seatbelt on the driver's side, purchasing a Peugeot seatbelt will ensure it's compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Peugeots have been seen on the big and small screen. Most notable, the Peugeot 403 convertible was the car of everyone's famous scruffy detective Colombo. There was also an episode of Absolutely Fabulous where Edina and Patsy drive through France in a 205.
- Peugeot has won the European Car of the Year an incredible five times. The earliest win was in 1969, and the latest was as recently as 2017 (the Peugeot 3008).
- Peugeots, especially the 504, are incredibly popular in Africa and have been affectionately called Africa's workhorse. The 504 is a model that seems particularly well-suited to the rough terrains of Kenya and Ghana.
- It was Armand Peugeot who turned the company into car manufacturing. He called the company the Société des Automobiles Peugeot (Peugeot Automotive Society) and was the one who approved the famous lion emblem that is still used today.
- It was also in 1913 (some might say because of the Indy 500 win) that Peugeot were responsible for the production of half of all of the cars in France. That quickly made them one of the world's biggest names in the automotive industry.