Used Peugeot Spare Wheels
All used Peugeot Spare Wheels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Peugeot are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Spare Wheels
The wheels are, of course, a crucial part of the car. Choosing the right wheels for a vehicle is important; they play a big part in how well the car handles on the road, affecting the performance and general efficiency of the car. Should you get a flat tyre or other wheel problems whilst driving, having a Peugeot spare wheel ready and waiting can be a life saver.
Usually made of steel, wheels are often made of alloy also, and are built to be strong and durable. The wheels have an important job in providing a housing, the structure in which the tyres fit.
The Peugeot spare wheel will usually be kept in the boot of the car, in the spare wheel well, concealed out of the way so as not to disrupt luggage space, enabling you to change a tyre when on the go should you need to, provided the spare wheel is kept with a tyre, fully inflated, and is in good working condition. The Peugeot spare wheel should be the same as the other wheels on the car as should the tyres, to provide optimum performance and safety while driving.
Once you have had to use the Peugeot spare wheel, you will need to replace it with another Peugeot spare wheel. It is a good idea to always have a spare wheel ready in your car to avoid being caught out. Wheels receive a lot of wear and tear on the roads and regular cleaning helps to increase their lifespan and look. When purchasing just a spare wheel for your car, ensure it matches the other wheels on your car, that it is the right size for both the tyre and the car (using the wrong size wheel and tyre can cause damage to the car) and that it is compatible with the make and model and year of your car.
- Peugeot might not be a name in Formula 1 (they did try a few times, but it never quite worked out), but they have been dominant in other races. In particular, four victories in an incredible 24 hours at Le Mans, and six impressive wins in the Dakar rally, to name just a few.
- Peugeots have been seen on the big and small screen. Most notable, the Peugeot 403 convertible was the car of everyone's famous scruffy detective Colombo. There was also an episode of Absolutely Fabulous where Edina and Patsy drive through France in a 205.
- Lots of car manufacturers tried building electric vehicles at some point, but Peugeot had more success than others in the 1940s! Fuel restrictions promoted the design, and the car came with four 12-volt batteries that meant a range of 80km on a single charge and a top speed of 32km/h.
- The first diesel engine prototype from Peugeot was built in the 1930s, but they didn't start releasing models commercially until 1959 (the 403).
- It was also in 1913 (some might say because of the Indy 500 win) that Peugeot were responsible for the production of half of all of the cars in France. That quickly made them one of the world's biggest names in the automotive industry.