Used Renault 9 Starter Motor
All used Renault 9 Starter Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Renault 9 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motor
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The 9 Renault starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The 9 Renault starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the 9 Renault starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the 9 Renault starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- If you’ve seen a six-wheeled Renault 5 in the UK, you might not have imagined it. Not many were made, and they are all in the hands of private collectors, one of which is rumoured to be a British car aficionado.
- The Renault 8 was the first production car to come with a four-wheel disc brake system, and in 1980 the company filed a patent for a ‘braking distribution device for total adherence’.
- The Renault seen in Indian Jones and the Last Crusade went up for auction in 2017. The car was seen in the exciting finale where Harrison Ford races on horseback to beat the Nazis to the holy grail. The car was valued at auction at just over £18,000.
- Back in ‘96, Renault got a previously unheard of 4-star rating in the EuroNCAP crash test, designed to maximise passenger safety. At the time, this was the highest award that had ever been granted by the board.
- The aluminium-bodied Renault Spider was essentially a race car that had been built for the road. Models sold everywhere, but it was only those that were sold in the UK that came with windscreens, which must have meant a lot of bugs in the face for French drivers.