Used Renault Bumpers
All used Renault Bumpers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Renault are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy it is a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted. The job of the bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash. The Renault bumper complete consists of all the components that together make up the front bumper or the rear bumper of a vehicle. The Renault bumper complete provides protection to the car in the event of a crash, by minimising damage to the front and rear end of the car frame and body. The bumper’s function is to protect the fuel, exhaust, cooling system, bonnet, boot, and grille, including features such as tail lights, headlamps and parking lights. The bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimises the force of an impact for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket at the front of the car enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The rear bumper is fixed to bumper brackets to the rear of the car absorbing impact from a rear collision. The bumper complete is a full bumper consisting of an outer panel and an inner bar that make up the bumper and includes some or all of the following parts, depending on the car make, model and year: bumper brackets; bumper grille; bumper cross member; bumper end caps; bumper reinforcer; bumper moulding; bumper spoiler; bumper splitter; bumper towing eye and cover.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiberglass, steel, rubber, aluminum, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as polypropylene foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact and is designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car, as well as helping to prevent the bumper from cracking and breaking. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles and shapes, both dependent on the make and model of the car and can be added to and customised in a number of ways.
The Renault bumper complete often needs replacing following impact received in an accident. If the front or rear bumper or any other bumper related parts need replacing, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car. The Renault bumper complete provides the complete package.
- The Renault seen in Indian Jones and the Last Crusade went up for auction in 2017. The car was seen in the exciting finale where Harrison Ford races on horseback to beat the Nazis to the holy grail. The car was valued at auction at just over £18,000.
- The Royal family have always enjoyed a Renault, but the first royal sale was in 1905 when King Edward VII bagged himself a Landaulette. Our current monarch didn’t pay for one; however, they did receive a Renault Dauphine as a gift in 1957.
- The Renault 8 was the first production car to come with a four-wheel disc brake system, and in 1980 the company filed a patent for a ‘braking distribution device for total adherence’.
- The Renault RS01 was dubbed ‘the yellow steam engine’ after it became the world’s first-ever turbocharged F1 car. It wasn’t a reliable car, but it was certainly quick!
- Back in ‘96, Renault got a previously unheard of 4-star rating in the EuroNCAP crash test, designed to maximise passenger safety. At the time, this was the highest award that had ever been granted by the board.