Used Renault Seat Belts
All used Renault Seat Belts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Renault are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Seat Belts
The Renault seatbelt is a vital safety device in a car, acting as the Primary Restraint System, helping to restrain and hold the person seated in the car secure in the seat in a crash situation, or when brakes are applied suddenly at high speed.
The Renault seatbelt is a strong, retractable belt which is pulled across the driver and secured by clicking into a bracket fitted to the side of the seat. There are many different types of seatbelt, the two-point, the lap, the sash, the multi-point child’s seatbelt, but the most common found in modern vehicles is the three-point seatbelt which consists of a strip of material or belt, anchored on three points around the seating position, that is placed over the chest and upper body and lap of the occupant.
The Renault seatbelt works by stopping the body from flying out of the seat, minimising the risk of hitting the interior of the car, such as the windscreen. Seatbelts can limit the danger of serious injury or even death by stopping the driver or occupants of the vehicle being thrown out via windows, windscreens or doors in the event of a collision. They will also aid in safe deployment of the airbag as they will keep the occupant in the correct position should this be activated. Wearing a seatbelt, and ensuring it's worn correctly, can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in an accident.
It's law to have seatbelts fitted for every seat in the car and for these seatbelts to be correctly worn at all times while the car is moving. It's important that the seatbelts in your car are in good working order so that they can function properly when needed. The majority of faults regarding seatbelts are due to problems with the retractor system, either being stuck and not allowing the belt to unreel or not allowing it to be reeled back into its holder. The belts themselves may begin to tear or rip due to prolonged chafing and over-long usage. The seatbelt buckle may malfunction and not enable the tongue to insert correctly and be locked in place. When you need to replace the rear seatbelt on the driver's side, purchasing a Renault seatbelt will ensure it's compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Widely considered the first-ever Grand Prix, the 1906 Le Mans was won by the Renault AK90CV, driven by French driving legend Ferenc Szisz. The race consisted of 12 laps of a daunting 64-mile circuit.
- Back in ‘96, Renault got a previously unheard of 4-star rating in the EuroNCAP crash test, designed to maximise passenger safety. At the time, this was the highest award that had ever been granted by the board.
- Renault also owns Automobile Daci and Renault Samsung Motors, among their other global acquisitions.
- The fastest Renault ever made is the 1978 Alpine A443. It raced at Le Mans, and even with a less than intimidating 2.1ltr V6 engine it still managed an incredible 236mph.
- Nicole? Papa? The Renault advert that ran up until 1991 made actress Estelle Skronik more recognisable than PM John Major and TV host Chris Evans, and the advert finale was the single most-watched advert of all time (23 million Brits tuned in to watch it).