Find parts for your car
Used Saab ABS Pumps
All used Saab ABS Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Saab are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About ABS Pumps
An integral part of the ABS system, the Saab ABS pump is part of the hydraulic unit and works with the ABS Control Unit ECU and ABS modulator to regulate your car's braking system.
Fundamentally, the Saab ABS pump is part of a vital process which ensures you are able to maintain control of steering, enabling you to brake safely and smoothly by regulating the air pressure in the wheel brakes. The Saab pump plays its part in this process by pumping the pressure released from the brakes back up. When a wheel is likely to lock and skid, air pressure is adjusted in the brake chamber to stop this from happening and the Saab ABS pump ensures this pressure is pumped back up again.
As with all parts over time, your Saab ABS pump will end up wearing out. It is common for the pump motor to burn out with continued use and you will need to fit a new pump. If your Saab ABS pump isn't working, the ABS warning light will show on the dashboard. The ABS system will automatically stop working if there is a fault with your Saab ABS pump. Though you will be able to continue to use your brakes, you will not be assisted by ABS.
- Saab was the first company to use a wind tunnel to test their cars, but they didn't use a full-sized vehicle. Instead, they built a Saab 92 at 1:10 scale.
- The Saab concept car, the EV-1, was unveiled in 1985 and had a few cool features. One was the addition of solar cells to the roof (to power a ventilation fan) and self-repairing bumpers.
- The character of Jerry Seinfeld drove a classic Saab 900 convertible. It wasn't shown much onscreen, but viewers did see him sell it and buy a newer Saab.
- There was lots of controversy over the Saab 93 in Sweden. Not so much the car itself, but the marketing for the vehicle clearly showed a young couple in bed together, but the woman wasn't wearing a wedding ring. Complaints poured in from shocked Swedes, and Saab hastily added a wedding ring.
- The Saab car badge is a very stylized version of the wing from an aeroplane.