Find parts for your car
Used Saab Brake Assist Control Units
All used Saab Brake Assist Control Units listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Saab are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Brake Assist Control Units
The Saab brake assist control unit is part of your car's intelligent high-pressure brake system. Your car's ABS system improves overall driving stability and the Saab brake assist control unit plays an important part in this by working in conjunction with the anti-lock braking system to provide the most effective braking performance possible in an emergency. Studies have revealed that most drivers do not brake hard enough in an emergency situation. This vital electronic device is an intelligent safety feature developed to help your car slow down and come to a halt as quickly as possible, assisting you to brake safely and evenly.
Essentially, the brake assist control unit was developed to improve overall braking by minimizing the level of pressure you need to apply on your brake pedals. So the Saab brake assist control unit enables you to brake quickly if needs be, over the shortest possible distance, while allowing you to keep steady control of your steering. The Saab brake assist control unit works by recognizing that the brake pressure needs to be increased and maintains this level of pressure until the ABS system takes charge, which then stops the wheels from locking, significantly reducing the braking distance and regulating the overall stability of your car when braking.
If the Saab brake assist control unit is broken it will not apply the pressure needed which means the ABS would not be activated and able to do its job. This means it would take you longer to slow down and stop your car, as it is your foot alone that is providing the pressure on the brake. An ABS warning light will show on the dashboard if your <Model> brake assist control unit is faulty and the ABS will cease to operate. Make sure you get the right replacement part for your vehicle by buying a new Saab brake assist control unit that will be compatible with the make and model your car.
- The world's first soft-top hybrid car was the Saab BioPower Hybrid Concept, and it premiered at the 2006 Stockholm Motor Show. The car ran off a combination of pure ethanol and electricity, and so is also the first hybrid to be 100% free of carbon emissions.
- Saab was the first car manufacturer to install heated driver's seats. That's because one of the Saab executives suffered from a bad back that was particularly painful on cold mornings.
- After the death of James Bond creator and writer Ian Fleming, the writer James Gardner took over writing duties for the super spy. He immediately had Bond driving a Saab 900 Turbo, and Saab even built a replica of the 'Silver Beast' which can still be seen in the Saab Car Museum.
- What does the word 'Saab' even mean? It's actually an acronym for Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget, Swedish Aircraft Company Limited. Saab is much easier to say.
- The Saab concept car, the EV-1, was unveiled in 1985 and had a few cool features. One was the addition of solar cells to the roof (to power a ventilation fan) and self-repairing bumpers.