Used Saab Bumper Completes
All used Saab Bumper Completes listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Saab are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bumper Completes
A bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy, it is a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted. The job of the bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash. The Saab bumper complete consists of all the components that together make up the front bumper or the rear bumper of a vehicle. The Saab bumper complete provides protection to the car in the event of a crash, by minimising damage to the front and rear end of the car frame and body. Bumpers function to protect the fuel, exhaust and cooling systems, the bonnet, boot and grille, as well as safety features such as tail lights, headlamps and parking lights. The bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimises the force of the crash for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket on the front of the car, enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The rear bumper is fixed to bumper brackets to the rear of the car, absorbing impact from a rear collision. The bumper complete is the full bumper outer panel and the inner bar, that make up the bumper, to include some or all of the following parts, depending on the car make, model and year: bumper brackets; bumper grille; bumper cross member; bumper end caps; bumper reinforcer; bumper moulding; bumper spoiler; bumper splitter; bumper towing eye and cover.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiberglass, steel, rubber, aluminium, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as polypropylene foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact and is designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car, as well as helping to prevent the bumper from cracking and breaking. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles and shapes, both dependent on the make and model of the car and can be added to and customised in a number of ways.
The Saab bumper complete often needs replacing due to damage received in an accident. If the front or rear bumper or any other bumper related parts need replacing, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car. The Saab bumper complete provides the complete package; a full complete bumper that will fit the make and model of your car perfectly.
- The Saab car badge is a very stylized version of the wing from an aeroplane.
- Saab was the first company to use a wind tunnel to test their cars, but they didn't use a full-sized vehicle. Instead, they built a Saab 92 at 1:10 scale.
- There's a very persistent myth that none of the 16 members of the Saab team had a driving license when they built the very first Saab. It's not quite true, because at least two of the team (including the test driver) are confirmed to have had one.
- The Saab concept car, the EV-1, was unveiled in 1985 and had a few cool features. One was the addition of solar cells to the roof (to power a ventilation fan) and self-repairing bumpers.
- There was lots of controversy over the Saab 93 in Sweden. Not so much the car itself, but the marketing for the vehicle clearly showed a young couple in bed together, but the woman wasn't wearing a wedding ring. Complaints poured in from shocked Swedes, and Saab hastily added a wedding ring.