Used Saab Bumper Cross Members
All used Saab Bumper Cross Members listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Saab are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bumper Cross Members
The Saab bumper cross member is a part which acts as a bumper reinforcement.
Built to be strong and solid, the Saab bumper cross member is usually made of steel, and bolted onto the car, running the length of the bumper.
The Saab bumper cross member acts as a structural support to the bumper. The bumper's job is to absorb the impact of a collision, offering protection to both the car, by minimising damage to the frame and body of the car, as well as internal and external parts; and also the passengers and driver travelling inside the car.
If your car has been in an accident and there is damage to the bumper cross member it will need replacing. Buying a new Saab bumper cross member will ensure you get a part that is the right fit for the make and model of your car.
- The Saab car badge is a very stylized version of the wing from an aeroplane.
- Saab was the first company to use a wind tunnel to test their cars, but they didn't use a full-sized vehicle. Instead, they built a Saab 92 at 1:10 scale.
- The Saab concept car, the EV-1, was unveiled in 1985 and had a few cool features. One was the addition of solar cells to the roof (to power a ventilation fan) and self-repairing bumpers.
- There's a very persistent myth that none of the 16 members of the Saab team had a driving license when they built the very first Saab. It's not quite true, because at least two of the team (including the test driver) are confirmed to have had one.
- Saab was the first car manufacturer to install heated driver's seats. That's because one of the Saab executives suffered from a bad back that was particularly painful on cold mornings.