Find parts for your car
Used Saab Door Mirror Casing Covers
All used Saab Door Mirror Casing Covers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Saab are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Mirror Casing Covers
The Saab Door Mirror Casing Cover is a plastic housing/cover for the door mirror.
Attached around the door mirror unit, just in front of the leading edge of the door window, its function is to protect the mirror unit, but it also has an aesthetic and aerodynamic purpose.
The covers are, most commonly, black plastic but may be matched to the car body colour.
As the Saab Door Wing Mirror protrudes from the side of the vehicle it is prone to collision with oncoming vehicles and although the Door Mirror unit is retractable, the cover is liable to breakage. This is the most common reason for replacement.
- The character of Jerry Seinfeld drove a classic Saab 900 convertible. It wasn't shown much onscreen, but viewers did see him sell it and buy a newer Saab.
- Saab was the first car manufacturer to install heated driver's seats. That's because one of the Saab executives suffered from a bad back that was particularly painful on cold mornings.
- The Saab 900 was built between 1978 and 1993 and is the best selling Saab ever. In that time, it sold a total of 980,817 cars, around half of which were the convertible model. They can still be seen on UK roads very regularly.
- The Saab 92 was the first production car to put the petrol tank in between the rear wheels. They did this to improve driver safety, and it helped with balance too.
- The Saab car badge is a very stylized version of the wing from an aeroplane.