Used Saab Parcel Back Shelves
All used Saab Parcel Back Shelves listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Saab are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Parcel Back Shelves
The Saab back parcel shelf is a functional, removable shelf, providing an extra storage space in the car, while also serving to act as a cover to the boot space, hiding the contents from view.
The Saab back parcel shelf is positioned inside the car, above the boot, behind the back seats.
The Saab back parcel shelf is made of a rigid and durable plastic and covered with a material that is hard wearing and aesthetically pleasing, usually matching the rest of the car's interior furnishings. Often held in places by straps or pegs, the back parcel shelf can be removed when more boot space is required. It also functions as a cover for the boot space, hiding luggage and belongings from sight. Some back parcel shelves are retractable and can be pulled out when needed and pushed in when not. Others can be folded away, or work with a hinged mechanism.
The Saab back parcel shelf, although hard wearing, will eventually need replacing due to general wear and tear. If broken, worn out or damaged, when replacing the Saab back parcel shelf it's important to make sure it's compatible with the make and model of your car. Placing objects on a badly fitted parcel shelf can compromise the strength of the parcel shelf and could cause structural damage, as could using it to carry objects that are too heavy for it. It's important that the parcel shelf fits your car properly and is secured well, to avoid it flying up and potentially hitting passengers in the back and becoming a hazard by obstructing the driver's view.
- If you were buying yourself a Saab before 1952, you had the colour choices of green, green, and… green. It wasn't until 1952 that Saab started offering other colours for car buyers.
- The world's first soft-top hybrid car was the Saab BioPower Hybrid Concept, and it premiered at the 2006 Stockholm Motor Show. The car ran off a combination of pure ethanol and electricity, and so is also the first hybrid to be 100% free of carbon emissions.
- When it comes to accessories, it's hard to beat the Toppola Camper, which turns a Saab 99 and Saab 900 into a sort of campervan. The Toppola comes with a cooker, double bed, and heater, and is attached to the Saab by removing the rear door.
- There was lots of controversy over the Saab 93 in Sweden. Not so much the car itself, but the marketing for the vehicle clearly showed a young couple in bed together, but the woman wasn't wearing a wedding ring. Complaints poured in from shocked Swedes, and Saab hastily added a wedding ring.
- The character of Jerry Seinfeld drove a classic Saab 900 convertible. It wasn't shown much onscreen, but viewers did see him sell it and buy a newer Saab.