Used Saab Tail Lights
All used Saab Tail Lights listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Saab from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Tail Lights
Part of the car's lighting setup, the Saab rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the Saab rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new Saab tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- The Saab 900 was built between 1978 and 1993 and is the best selling Saab ever. In that time, it sold a total of 980,817 cars, around half of which were the convertible model. They can still be seen on UK roads very regularly.
- The Saab 92 was the first production car to put the petrol tank in between the rear wheels. They did this to improve driver safety, and it helped with balance too.
- What does the word 'Saab' even mean? It's actually an acronym for Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget, Swedish Aircraft Company Limited. Saab is much easier to say.
- The Saab car badge is a very stylized version of the wing from an aeroplane.
- The Monte Carlo Rally is always a big deal, but the first Saab to win the event was in 1929, with a Swedish-born woman behind the wheel. Greta Molander went to take the Ladies Cup in a Saab in 1952.