Find parts for your car
Used Saab Windscreen Heateds
All used Saab Windscreen Heateds listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Saab are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Windscreen Heateds
The Saab front heated windscreen is a protective, curved, glass screen at the front of the car, which can de-mist and de-ice the windscreen in a matter of minutes.
The Saab heated front windscreen is made of safety glass, which prevents it from smashing into lots of pieces when broken, is fixed to the frame of the car at the front, and positioned directly in front of the driver and front passenger. Heated windscreens work by placing a web of wires between two layers of windscreen glass which, when activated, heat up and function to de-ice and de-fog the screen.
The primary purpose of the Saab font heated windscreen is to prevent debris from the road, such as stones, dirt, twigs, dust and other unwanted materials, from entering the car, offering protection to both the driver and passengers of the vehicle. The Saab heated front windscreen also shields both driver and passengers from whatever the weather is outside, offering shelter to the occupants of the car. The Saab front heated windscreen also ensures a smoother drive, enhancing the aerodynamics of the car as a whole.
The driver needs to look through the front windscreen to see the road ahead, so it's imperative that the Saab heated front windscreen is in perfect condition. Having the capability to heat the glass and clear any mist and ice that may disrupt vision means the Saab heated front windscreen helps to maintain a clean and clear front windscreen whatever the weather and road conditions. The model> front windscreen is prone to chips, cracks and scratches from debris, such as stones, flying up from the road. Damage such as this can be corrected if minor, but excessive damage to the model> heated front windscreen may lead to the whole windscreen needing to be replaced.
- Saab was the first car manufacturer to install heated driver's seats. That's because one of the Saab executives suffered from a bad back that was particularly painful on cold mornings.
- There's a very persistent myth that none of the 16 members of the Saab team had a driving license when they built the very first Saab. It's not quite true, because at least two of the team (including the test driver) are confirmed to have had one.
- After the death of James Bond creator and writer Ian Fleming, the writer James Gardner took over writing duties for the super spy. He immediately had Bond driving a Saab 900 Turbo, and Saab even built a replica of the 'Silver Beast' which can still be seen in the Saab Car Museum.
- The Saab car badge is a very stylized version of the wing from an aeroplane.
- The Saab 92 was the first production car to put the petrol tank in between the rear wheels. They did this to improve driver safety, and it helped with balance too.