Used SEAT Seat Belts
All used SEAT Seat Belts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for SEAT are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Seat Belts
The SEAT seatbelt is a vital safety device in a car, acting as the Primary Restraint System, helping to restrain and hold the person seated in the car secure in the seat in a crash situation, or when brakes are applied suddenly at high speed.
The SEAT seatbelt is a strong, retractable belt which is pulled across the driver and secured by clicking into a bracket fitted to the side of the seat. There are many different types of seatbelt, the two-point, the lap, the sash, the multi-point child’s seatbelt, but the most common found in modern vehicles is the three-point seatbelt which consists of a strip of material or belt, anchored on three points around the seating position, that is placed over the chest and upper body and lap of the occupant.
The SEAT seatbelt works by stopping the body from flying out of the seat, minimising the risk of hitting the interior of the car, such as the windscreen. Seatbelts can limit the danger of serious injury or even death by stopping the driver or occupants of the vehicle being thrown out via windows, windscreens or doors in the event of a collision. They will also aid in safe deployment of the airbag as they will keep the occupant in the correct position should this be activated. Wearing a seatbelt, and ensuring it's worn correctly, can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in an accident.
It's law to have seatbelts fitted for every seat in the car and for these seatbelts to be correctly worn at all times while the car is moving. It's important that the seatbelts in your car are in good working order so that they can function properly when needed. The majority of faults regarding seatbelts are due to problems with the retractor system, either being stuck and not allowing the belt to unreel or not allowing it to be reeled back into its holder. The belts themselves may begin to tear or rip due to prolonged chafing and over-long usage. The seatbelt buckle may malfunction and not enable the tongue to insert correctly and be locked in place. When you need to replace the rear seatbelt on the driver's side, purchasing a SEAT seatbelt will ensure it's compatible with the make and model of your car.
- SEAT is the only car company that designs, develops, and manufactures cars in Spain.
- The SEAT Ibiza was designed by the same man who designed the Mark 1 VW Golf, the Lotus Esprit, and the DeLorean DMC-12. Giorgetto Giugiaro is well worth a Google.
- SEAT is an acronym that is much, much easier to say than Sociedad Española de Automóviles de Turismo.
- SEAT had a 30-year close relationship with Fiat. However, it ended on a sour note when the companies went their separate ways, and Fiat tried to sue SEAT for similarities between the SEAT Ronda and the Fiat Ritmo. SEAT won the case after using a yellow highlighter to show the court all of the differences between the two cars.
- The SEAT Ateca won the 2017 Fleet Management Awards for Best Midsize SUV, beating competitors like the BMW X1, the Range Rover Evoque, and the Kia Sportage.